Wednesday, May 16, 2007

There is no such thing as a perfect wedding...

Ok, I admit, I thought my wedding was going to be different. That we would have no mishaps or issues. Well, that ideal was shattered with trying to get the tuxedos and Josh fitted with the right one. Granted the place sorta redeemed themselves by bending over backwards to get his Groom's Try-On in during prom season. But getting to that point was a major hassle.

I found out from my printer, that there was an issue with the RSVP cards being printed with one side upside down.

Then there was the check for the florist. My mom thought she mailed it, but when she went up a day or two later, she found out that the slot she thought was out-going mail was really the trash slot. She figured out what she mailed, went back to the store, and looked through the trash-thankfully they were really slow on taking out the trash. The check was right on top. It has been on comedy of errors after another. And yes I can look back on them and laugh.

The latest incident though, I can't laugh at. For it is quite serious. I got an email from Kristie, my matron of honor, on Wednesday morning sharing with me the horrifying news that her 3 year old son has been in an accident. He and his dad were swinging on Monday night when the swing broke in mid air and Jonathan (her son) fell about 8 feet to the ground. He landed on his neck and back and severely broke his left leg. He has surgery on Tuesday, and may need more surgery in the next few weeks. He is in a body cast from his chest down, and can't move. He can't do anything on his own, so he has to have constant care 24/7. So she is not going to make the wedding. So with 2 weeks to go, I have the privilege of finding another friend to is willing to stand up with me.

Please keep Kristie, Jeff (her husband), and Jonathan in your prayers as the next few weeks are going to be hard for them.

No comments: