Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Time Is Ticking Away...

I am always amazed how fast time flies. I remember those endless days of summer back when I was a kid, of how time seemed to just drag. What happened to those moments? The ideal days of lemonade on the front porch at dusk, or swimming at night in our pool dogging the bats as they flew over head.

My best memories are of my five years of eternal summer (why summer is coming to mind I have no idea-it just seems like the most ideal time) in Bonaire. Going swimming almost every day in the crystal clear ocean, with schools of fish surrounding me. The warm days with a cool breeze streaming through the house. Waking up to the coolness of the morning where everything is fresh, and the birds are singing, the sun is shining-life can't get much better than that. Growing up on a Caribbean island was such a sacrifice! :)

I think that time goes by faster for me, because I work 2-3 weeks in advance. For example, this week, I worked on the February 11 newsletter and the February 4 bulletin oh and on the February 25 bulletin (redesigning it for Lent). So while you all were enjoying mid-January, I was already in February! Thinking in linear time hardly works for me. Word to the wise, don't ask me what date it is, I will most likely not know. Oh! and at the end of the year, I am already in the next year, so in December- all your calendars are out of date to me!

Time is also a funny thing. Why is it that 17 1/2 weeks seems so much shorter than 4 months, and 122 days seems shorter than 17 1/2 weeks?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

No comments: