Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What a tease!

So could fall really be coming - bringing with it the autumn crispness? I hope it does...then I wake up and realized that I am in Texas- where we only experience hot and the not so hot!

Looking forward to fall is a force of habit for me. The days of wrapping up in a blanket with a cup of hot cocoa, tea or hot apple cider, and watching the crimson leaves outside my window flutter back and forth in the wind. The 12 years in Chicago have finally paid off-the longing for a change of season. I can't but think that if I was still there- I would be experiencing the first flurries of the season tomorrow, 40 degree weather, and overall dreariness. Go figure, I move south to avoid the drastic changes of the seasons, and now that I don't have it, realize how much I looked forward to the seasonal changes.

No comments: